Monday, March 4, 2013

Erin at The Usual Mayhem - get to know me better



Hi, I’m Erin and I blog over at The Usual Mayhem. I’m delighted to be a new contributor here at Pre K and K Sharing! I hope that you enjoy the posts I plan to share as much as we’ll enjoy road-testing them.

I’ve been working with kids for more years than I care to admit, including developing and implementing the children's programs for a large community center.  I have fairly extensive experience in working with children who have extra learning challenges, and can adjust an activity to make it work for all participants. 

I have three children of my own, each very different from the others and all three a source of joy for me. Because my house wasn’t nearly loud and messy enough, I opened a home daycare a few years ago. Now that my children are a little older, I take only a few extras at a time.

So that you can get to know me better, here are some of my favourite things we've done this school year:


Collaborative unit studies across a few bloggers, including Wormy Wednesdays , Polar Animals, and Hibernation.

We've also learned how to eat like a baleen whale , Made our own beeswax candles, done some beautiful watercolour fall leaf art, and participated in the Virtual Book Club For Kids every month (my favourites have been Lois Ehlert's Snowballs and Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo.)

I’d also love to share our day to day activities on my own blog with you. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+,and Twitter. If I’m not there, I’m probably either out hiking or hiding in my bedroom eating chocolate.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Erin! I love "The Usual Mayhem" and enjoyed checking out some of your activities above. Looking forward to more of your posts here!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...