Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summertime Fun Round-Up (And a few Father's Day Links)



Hi! I'm Ayn and I am a Ga. Pre-K teacher, serving 4 and 5 year olds in an inclusive setting. I share my classroom adventures on my blog, little illuminations.

Summertime!!!! School has been out for a couple of weeks here in Georgia. I see a lot of parents posting on Facebook looking for economical ways to keep the kids busy this summer. Today I'm sharing some of my more popular posts about summer activities from here on PreK+K Sharing and from my personal blog little illuminations. 

This post has some ideas to keep the kids engaged during road trips. Car rides can be fun, but sometimes kids need a little help finding the fun on a long trip. Check out the travel ideas in Travel Activities For Kids...and a freebie!

Looking for ways to incorporate literacy skills into your summer activities? Simple Summer Literacy is just the post for you!


Vacations are expensive and require a lot of planning. There are lots of ways to have fun by simply planning a "stay"cation! I have a friend that takes her boys to a local hotel for a night or two as a special "stay"cation. They use the pool and eat at the breakfast bar and generally have a great little vacation without ever leaving town. Sometimes, they even invite a few friends! 5 Budget-Friendly Ways to Enjoy Summer "Stay"cations might help you plan a local outing without breaking the bank or leaving town!


And a few more "stay"cation ideas are here in "10 More Summer "Stay"cations on a Budget".




Need more ideas for summer activities? Go to the search bar at the top of this page and type in "summer". A ton of posts from PreK+K Sharing authors will come up with oodles of summer activity ideas!

I know that Father's Day is coming up in a couple of weeks and many of you will be searching for cute ideas to help children make a gift for dad, so I thought I would share a couple of links here for Father's Day, as well!

**from little illuminations: "Father's day Ideas from Around the Blogosphere!"

**from PreKinders: "Father's Day Activities For Kids"

**from Pre-K Pages: Fathers Day Ideas

    Happy Summer and Happy Father's Day! Enjoy!


 Stop by and visit me anytime at littleilluminations.blogspot.com or visit the little illuminations fanpage on facebook! And be sure to check out PreK+K Sharing EEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...